We're all busy these days aren't we? I ty to keep my typical beauty routine to less than 10 minutes. Any products I can use that do double duty are in the bag for me! These products can work wonders when you're on the move, working full-time, and being super mom.
1. The ultra fine eyeliner brush. You can use this tool with eyeshadow to create an eyeliner or as a brow "pencil". Just dab the brush in a bit of water, then the eyeshadow and onto your lower and upper lids.
2. Lip balm. Really any lip balm will do, but this is Rosebud is a favorite of mine. Use it on your lips, cuticles for softness, and (don't call me crazy) but a touch on your eyelashes when mascara isn't available. A little shine will wake up tired eyes!
3. Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara. This is really a three-in-one product. I've talked about this product before in THIS post. I really wanted to like Benefit Brow, but didn't find it gave me the right color for my eyebrows. I already used Clinique's Bottom Lash for my eyelashes and decided to try the brown color for my brows. It's just the small brush I need. Perfection. It gives my blonde eyebrows some umph and it's just the right color.
Use it also as intended as a bottom lash mascara. My third use? Use the ultra fine brush (#1), wipe it on the mascara brush and viola, eyeliner!
4. MAC "Phloof" eyeshadow. One of my favorite colors. I use it as shadow, to highlight the brow bone, the inner corner of my eyes, and a general highlighter on my face. After applying all my makeup I use a bronzer to contour my cheekbones. Then I use "Phloof" to highlight my cheekbones, around the outer corner of my eyes, above my brows, and the bridge of my nose. See more tips on contouring HERE.
5. Hairspray. Use it for obvious reasons, but it also works great as an antistatic tool! I keep a travel size in my handbag just in case.
6. Bronze eyeshadow. This shadow works well on most everyone and can double as a bronzer!
7. Flat iron. I don't usually use a flat iron, because well, my hair is already pretty flat. But for those of you with luscious thick hair can use it for flattening and making your hair beautifully smooth. I use it as a curling iron! Instead of keeping the curling iron straight down, twist it to the side slightly and gently pull through your hair. It will leave a fabulous curl without being too curly. I also use it to iron my clothes in a pinch!
What beauty tricks do you have? Share them @#BeautyBuzz! Each week I co-host a beauty link up with the fabulous Nicole @ MomTrends, Alison @ Get Your Pretty On, and Janise @ Mama in Heels. Alison is hosting this week! You can also enter our giveaway below, it runs through February 28th! Have a beautiful day!